How do I unhide a predecessor column in MS Project?
Unlike Excel, Project doesn’t have an Unhide command—to unhide a column, you just need to insert it again.
Reinsert a column to unhide it
- Right-click the header of the column to the right of where you want to insert the hidden column.
- Choose Insert Column.
- Pick the column you want show again.
How do I show predecessor lines in MS Project?
On the Gantt Chart, click the Format tab. Click Task Path, and then pick the related task to highlight. Predecessors Tasks that link to and come before the selected task.
How do I show dependencies in MS Project?
View and update external dependencies
- Choose View > Gantt Chart.
- If any filters are turned on, turn them off: On the View tab, in the Data group, select No Filter in the Filter list. …
- Choose Project > Links Between Projects.
- View external predecessor tasks or successor tasks:
To display hidden subtasks in a task view such as the Gantt Chart in Project 2010, follow these steps:
- On the View tab, click Gantt Chart.
- Click the heading of the Task Name column to select all tasks.
- On the View tab, click Outline, and then click All Subtasks.
How do I find a predecessor task?
To use this function, in the Task ribbon, there is an option called the Inspect. In the drop-down menu select Inspect Tasks. You can now see Task Inspector as a pane that is placed on the left of the WBS Table screen. This pane will show you the predecessor that will have a direct impact on task’s start or finish date.
What is predecessor and successor in MS Project?
By definition, the predecessor is the first task; it controls the start or end date for all related successor tasks. The successor, by contrast, is the task whose start or end date is controlled by the predecessor. A dependency is the relationship between predecessor and successor tasks.
How do I hide predecessors in MS Project?
To remove dependency relationships in the Task Information dialog box, here’s the drill:
- Double-click a successor task name. The Task Information dialog box appears.
- Click the Predecessors tab to display it.
- Click the Type box for the dependency you want to delete. …
- Choose None.
- Click the OK button to save the change.
How do I add a complete column in MS Project?
You just insert a new column and select % Complete as Field Name.
How do I select columns to print in MS Project?
On the Report menu, click Reports, select the report, and then click Edit. If not all of your columns are printed, you can include additional columns by specifying the number of columns that you want to print on each page, or choose to print all columns on the first page, even if only a few appear on the screen.
What are the four types of dependencies?
There are 4 types of dependencies in project management viz. Mandatory, Discretionary, External, & Internal.