How do I start a new chat in Slack?
Log in to your Slack account and you’ll see a list of groups and people you can send messages to in the left sidebar. Once you’re logged in, click on the small “+” right next to direct messages, and it will pop up a new dialog box.
How do I chat in Slack?
Start a conversation with the right people by sending a message in a channel or a DM. Say that you have a question about a project. Send a message to the dedicated project channel to get an answer from the right people. If your question is only for a specific teammate, you can send them a DM.
How do you start a conversation with two people in Slack?
Click on the cluster of profile pictures in the top-right corner. Click on Add people to this group DM. Start typing the name of the person that you’d like to add, then select them from the list. Click on Go to create a new DM.
How do I create a group thread in Slack?
Create a user group
- From your desktop, click People & user groups at the top of your left sidebar. …
- Click New User Group in the top right.
- Choose a name and handle for your user group. …
- Click Next.
- Under Add members, search for and select the members you’d like to add.
- When you’re done, click Create Group.
Can New Slack members see old messages?
A note — when you add a new member to a private channel, it will ask whether you want to allow the new member to see the previous messages or not. If you do not want the new member to see old messages, it will create a completely new private Slack channel with the same members in it but no message history.
How do I convert Slack chat to channel?
Convert a group DM to a private channel
From your desktop, open a group DM. Click the member names in the conversation header. Select the Settings tab. Click Change to a private channel.
How do I add Google Chat to Slack?
Just follow the following steps:
- Click the down arrow next to your Slack team name.
- From the menu select “Apps & Custom Integrations”
- Use the search bar to find “Google+ Hangouts”
- Select the team you would like to which you would like to add the integration.
- Click “Add Google+ Hangouts integration”
How do I replied to a thread in Slack?
When you start or reply to a thread, replies are connected to the original message.
- Hover over the message you’d like to reply to.
- Click the Reply in thread icon.
- Type your reply.
- Send your message.
How do I add people on Slack?
To add people to your workspace in the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices:
- Open Slack and tap the three dots in the top-right corner.
- In the menu that appears, select “Invite People.”
- You’ll be given the choice to enter an email address, or pick a name from your contacts.