How do I sort in slack?
Sort your conversations
- From your desktop, click your profile picture in the top right.
- Select Preferences from the menu.
- Click Sidebar in the left-side column.
- Under Sort, choose your sorting preference.
How do I manage threads in slack?
When you start or reply to a thread, replies are connected to the original message.
- Hover over the message you’d like to reply to.
- Click the Reply in thread icon.
- Type your reply.
- Send your message.
How do I create a folder in slack?
Select the “Create New Section” button found at the bottom of the menu that pops up. A new “Create Sidebar Section” window will appear in the middle of your screen. Type a name for the section into the “Choose A Helpful Name” box. Click the “Create” button to add the section to Slack’s sidebar.
What is the best way to set up slack?
How to use Slack efficiently?
- #1 Use channels to create virtual office.
- #2 Name your channels with intentions.
- #3 Share your availability with the team.
- #4 Use public channels and threads.
- #5 Get rid of notification overload.
- #6 Use channel directory.
- #7 Use message reminders.
- #8 Create connections.
How do I organize a slack channel?
5 recommendations for organizing your Slack channels
- Start with team specific channels. When your team first launches Slack, you have two channels: #general and #random. …
- Use naming conventions. …
- Be intentional when creating new channels. …
- Use the description text to set expectations. …
- Consider adding “social” channels.
How do I see all messages in Slack?
To access your most recent conversations in Slack, select the History button that resembles a clock. The icon can be found in the top toolbar, left of the search bar. This History button will open a menu listing your most recent conversations in order.
How do I create a group in Slack?
Create a user group
- From your desktop, click People & user groups at the top of your left sidebar. …
- Click New User Group in the top right.
- Choose a name and handle for your user group. …
- Click Next.
- Under Add members, search for and select the members you’d like to add.
- When you’re done, click Create Group.
How do I see more direct messages in Slack?
Click All DMs at the top of your left sidebar. If you don’t see this option, click More to find it.
How do I follow a thread on Slack?
If you see a thread that you wish to follow – but haven’t contributed to – you can still follow the thread for updates. All you need to do is hover over the message and click the three dots menu. Then choose the first option “Get notified about new replies” and you’ll be following this Slack thread.
How do I refer a message in Slack?
Hover over the message you’d like to share. Click the three dots icon and choose Copy link. Paste the link into the message field, add text of your own if you’d like, and press Enter to send it.
How do I automatically follow all threads in Slack?
You can click to expand and see all the replies to a thread, which are arranged chronologically. Every time you add your own response, you automatically “follow” that thread, and you’ll get updates for all the threads you follow in a new category called “All Threads,” which appears on the right-hand sidebar of Slack.