How do I reduce column width in MS Project?
To change the width of a column, place your mouse cursor over the right edge of the column header and drag. To set a specific column width, right-click the column header and choose Field Settings. In Width box, type a numeric value and click OK.
How do I outdent a subtask in MS Project?
Click the task row that you want to indent or outdent, and then, on the Task tab, in the Editing group, click Indent or Outdent. Click the task row that you want to indent or outdent. To indent the task, press Alt + Shift + Right arrow. To outdent the task, press Alt + Shift + Left arrow.
How do I print all rows in MS Project?
Optimize a view for printing
- On the View tab, in the Task Views or Resource Views group, choose the view that you want to print. (In Project 2007, choose a task or resource view on the View menu.) …
- Choose File > Print.
- Specify the number of copies to print. …
- Specify how much of the project you want to print. …
- Choose Print.
When would you choose to split a task?
When you split a task, you break it into two or more separate parts so that parts of a task can start earlier or later than others. Most typically, a task is split when only part of a task is going to be delayed.
How do I print a Gantt chart in MS Project?
On the View tab, click Gantt Chart. On the View tab, click Tables, and then click No Table Info. On the File tab, click Print.
How can a column divider be resized in project?
- Place the cursor over the column header divider. A resize arrow appears.
- Click and drag the column divider to the right to widen the column, or to the left to narrow the column.
How do I edit custom fields in MS Project?
Change a custom field’s name
- With the project open, on the Tasks tab, make sure Grid is selected.
- In the grid, select the column heading, then select Edit.
- In the Edit field dialog, enter a new value for Field name, and then select Update.
How do I change columns in MS Project?
To Move a column, click on the column name cell from the table header to select the entire column, hold down the column, drag it and release it in front of the column where you want to place it.