What does Locked field mean in Jira?
You can not unlock a field in Cloud and you should not do it. It means that this field comes with a plugin and the plugin can not work without this field. View More Comments.
How do I make a field read only in Jira?
The steps to do it:
- Navigate to JIRA Settings > Issues > Custom Fields.
- Find the message custom field (For View) you created and click to configure it, in the three dots icon at the right corner.
- Click Edit Default Value to set the value you want it to display in the issue view.
Can you lock labels in Jira?
Users can still add other labels to the ticket but they can not change or move “MyLabel” from that particular ticket. We don’t want to lock the field because users may want to tag their own labels for the ticket.
How do I edit a locked custom field in Jira?
Select > Issues. Under FIELDS, click Custom fields. Find the locked custom field and click > View field information. Alternatively, you can click a field’s screens or contexts link to view the locked field’s details.
How do you unlock a locked field in Jira?
If possible, test any alter, insert, update, or delete SQL commands on a staging server first. You will have to match the id of the field you want to unlock with the according entry in managedconfigurationitem table’s item_id column. You will need to set the managed column to false of any field you want to unlock.
How do I make a locked field mandatory in Jira?
Welcome to the community. You cannot set a Locked field as Required through the field configuration. You can set up a Validator in each Workflow Transition to validate that the field is not empty during status changes. That will require that the field be filled at least during status changes.
How do I make my field read only in screen flow?
- Don’t – inline edit is useful, and most people use it well. …
- Move the edit of the field into the workflow – remove it from the edit screen, but put it on transition screens that prompt users as they move through the flow. …
- Use Behaviours in the ScriptRunner app to block inline edit for the field.
Where can a custom field be set as read only?
Creating a read-only custom field
Go to Administration > Custom fields. Click Add custom field, and select Advanced. Search for Insight Object/s, and select it. Enter a name and description for your field.
What is JIRA Toolkit Plugin?
The Jira Toolkit Plugin highlights issues that receive a lot of comments and attachments. Add these columns to list view to easily see which issues may need attention or are taking a lot of collaborative work to resolve.