Tips for importing CSV data into Jira fields
How do I import a project into Jira cloud?
If you are migrating projects to a new cloud site with no existing data, follow the steps below: Use the Jira Backup Manager to create and export a backup of your Jira Cloud site. Make sure to include attachments in the export. Import the backup to your new cloud site.
How do I import an attachment into Jira?
- Copy the attachment directory from source Jira: $JIRA_HOME/data/attachments/ABC to the import directory in the target Jira: $JIRA_HOME/import/attachments/ABC.
- Move all attachments in the directory $JIRA_HOME/import/attachments/ABC AND its sub-directories, to the main directory $JIRA_HOME/import/attachment/ABC.
How do I bulk import in Jira?
Create a CSV file with multiple lines using the same Issue Key, same Issue Summary and different Component Names on different lines. Use the JIRA Administration > System > (left-side menu) Import & Export > External System Import to import the CSV. Map the fields as required and complete the import.
Can I import issues into Jira?
You can import issues with multiple labels by entering each label in a separate column. If not specified in your CSV file, imported issues will be given the default (i.e. first) Priority as specified in your Jira site. You can also create new Jira values on-the-fly during the import process.
How do I backup a project in Jira cloud?
Create a backup of your Jira Cloud site, including attachments. Backups help you restore and recover data, or migrate to Jira Server or Jira Data Center.
To create a backup for cloud:
- Choose > System.
- In the IMPORT AND EXPORT section, click Backup manager.
- Under Backup for cloud, select Create backup for cloud.
What is atlassian data center?
Data Center is a deployment option providing high availability and performance at scale for your mission critical Atlassian applications. Our Data Center offering is available for Jira Software, Confluence, Bitbucket, Jira Service Management, Crowd, and Bamboo.
How do I import XML into Jira?
Importing an XML workflow into Jira
- Log in as a user with the Jira System Administrators global permission.
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues. …
- Click the Import from XML button to open the Import Workflow dialog box.
- In the Name field, type a name (usually 2-3 words) to identify your new workflow.
It can be imported by menu Issues> Import issues from CSV. As mentioned previously, specify an issue id for each row in the csv file. Issue id is used to determine the link for CSV import and is not related to existing issues.
How do I Export a CSV file from Jira?
In order to export Jira issues in form of a CSV/ Excel file, just search for the relevant issues using filters/ JQL and then use the “Export” button to get access to all the export options. Next select the option “Export Excel CSV” to export the issues.
How do I insert an Excel file into Jira?
- Choose > System.
- Select Advanced > Attachments to open the Attachment page, which states whether attachments are on or off.
How do you create a CSV file?
Save an Excel spreadsheet as a CSV file
- In your Excel spreadsheet, click File.
- Click Save As.
- Click Browse to choose where you want to save your file.
- Select “CSV” from the “Save as type” drop-down menu.
- Click Save.