How do I add a category to status in Jira?
- Log in as a user with JIRA Administrators permission.
- Go to Statuses page by choosing Cog Icon > Issues > Find Statuses under Issue Attributes category at the left.
- Click at Add Status then specify the name, description and the category for the status you want to add.
How do I add an issue type to workflow?
Choose Settings > Projects. Click Workflows on the left of the Project settings page.
- Click the Assign link under Issue Types for the desired workflow.
- Select the desired issue types in the dialog that appears.
- Click Finish.
What are Jira project categories?
As a Jira administrator, you can create project categories so your team can view work across related projects in one place. Your team can use categories in advanced search, filters, reports, and more. Note that project categories cannot be used to create project hierarchies (such as parent projects)
What is a status category?
Status categories, which are referenced in many field service processes, allow you to use custom status values while maintaining a consistent work classification for tracking, reporting, and business process management.
What is Jira status category?
There are 3 status categories in JIRA – ‘To Do’ (blue), ‘In Progress’ (yellow) and ‘Done’ (green). Any new statuses that you create [for use in your workflows] will be mapped to one of these core categories and will take on the same colour. … Yes, you can, it’s all about the workflow.
How do I assign an issue type to a project in Jira?
Add a new issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Click Issue types > Add issue type.
- Enter a name and description for your new issue type.
- Choose between a standard or sub-task issue type. Sub-tasks can be used for smaller pieces of work that are associated with a standard issue.
- Click Add.
How do I add a permission scheme in Jira?
To add users, groups, or roles to a permission scheme, and grant them project permissions:
- Select > Issues.
- Select Permission Schemes to open the Permission Schemes page, which displays a list of all permission schemes in your Jira system and the projects that use each scheme.
How do I add an issue type in Jira?
- Navigate to your project > Project Settings > Issue types.
- Click on the Issue Type scheme and select “Edit Issue Types” from the “Actions” button on the right side of the page.
- Here you will be able to drag and drop the required issue types to associate with your project.
What is a project category?
A project category is a set of projects grouped together for administrative purposes. Projects in a category share many attributes. Project category allows you to classify projects based on the purpose for which they were created, enabling you to define and locate groups of projects.
What is a Category 1 project?
Category I – Category I is the lowest level of the project ranking system for typical. construction projects, which represents small, simple, low risk, and short duration construction projects.