How do I retrieve old Slack messages?
Getting started with retrieving messages
- Load up the settings for your app from the app management page.
- In the navigation menu, choose the OAuth & Permissions feature.
- Scroll down to the Scopes section, and pick channels:read and channels:history from the drop down menu.
- Click save changes.
Do Slack messages get archived?
By default, Slack will retain all messages and files (including audio and video clips) for the lifetime of your workspace. If you’d like, you can adjust your retention settings to automatically delete messages and files after a set amount of time.
How do I download Slack archives?
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Settings & administration from the menu, then click Workspace settings.
- Click Import/Export Data in the top right.
- Select the Export tab.
- Below Export date range, open the drop-down menu to select an option.
- Click Start Export.
Where are Slack messages stored?
Slack is hosted with Amazon Web Services and the default location is AWS US. The data centre hosting location applicable to each Slack customer can vary if an organization uses our data residency feature. Data residency for Slack allows global teams to choose the region where certain types of data at rest are stored.
What happens when you archive a Slack channel?
Archived channels are closed to new activity, but the message history is retained and searchable. Deleted channels are permanently removed from a workspace, message history included. Note: To archive or delete a Slack Connect channel, you’ll first need to remove external organizations from the channel.
Can New Slack members see old messages?
A note — when you add a new member to a private channel, it will ask whether you want to allow the new member to see the previous messages or not. If you do not want the new member to see old messages, it will create a completely new private Slack channel with the same members in it but no message history.
Does Slack automatically delete old files?
By default, Slack will retain all messages and files (including audio and video clips) for the lifetime of your workspace. If you like, you can adjust your retention settings to automatically delete messages and files after a set amount of time.
How do I use Slack Deleter?
Message Deleter for Slack (Chrome Extension)
Click on the Slack extension icon and select Delete MY messages option. Select the channel you want to delete messages from before you do it. Note that you can only delete your own messages and not the ones sent by others.
Can you see edit history on Slack?
Edit history is currently only available for workspace owners to view in data exports. Expanding this feature to allow users to see edit history in real time is a nifty idea though! We’ll pass this suggestion along to our product team to review. Thank you!
How do I archive my Slack workspace?
How to archive a Slack channel on a computer
- Open Slack and log into your account, if necessary.
- Click on the channel name in the left sidebar.
- Click the gear icon, located at the top of the channel next to the name. Click the gear icon on the right. …
- Select “Additional options.” …
- Click “Archive this channel.”
How do I view Slack history?
To access your most recent conversations in Slack, select the History button that resembles a clock. The icon can be found in the top toolbar, left of the search bar. This History button will open a menu listing your most recent conversations in order.
Where do I get Slack API token?
Visit the App Directory at my.slack.com/apps/manage on your desktop. Click Edit configuration next to the integration. On the configuration page, click Regenerate below the current token. This is the new token you can use anywhere you need it.