Can you make sub-channels in slack?
Slack doesn’t have sub-channels but you can mimic by using some conventions.
How do I organize a slack channel?
5 recommendations for organizing your Slack channels
- Start with team specific channels. When your team first launches Slack, you have two channels: #general and #random. …
- Use naming conventions. …
- Be intentional when creating new channels. …
- Use the description text to set expectations. …
- Consider adding “social” channels.
Can you have folders in slack?
Start a message from anywhere with a handy new compose button. Organize channels, messages and apps into custom, collapsible sections (you know, like folders)
Can you rearrange slack channels?
Once you’ve grouped your channels into sections, you can also drag and drop each channel into a new order, or even a new section.
How many Slack channels is too many?
There’s really no such thing as “too many channels”
Big teams that successfully use Slack have a large number of channels, even into the thousands. In the course of research interviews with half a dozen large organizations, we noticed total channels were often two to three times the number of employees.
How many channels can you have on Slack?
There’s no limit to how many unique channels you can have in Slack — go ahead, create as many as you’d like! New to Slack? Watch a 1 minute video to learn about channels.
How do businesses organize Slack channels?
Use naming conventions to keep your Slack channels organized
- Use the prefixes #company- for channels that all company members should pay attention to (#company-announcements, #company-competitors)
- Use the prefixes #team- for channels that are for each internal functional team (#team-marketing, #team-sales, #team-cs)
How do I group channels in Slack?
Click and hold on any channel or direct message and then drag it on top of the section. Let go to drop the channel or direct message into the section. You can further customize the order of your Slack workspace’s sidebar by clicking and dragging the sections as well as the channels/direct messages within the sections.
What is the difference between a Slack workspace and channel?
Anything posted in a public channel is visible and searchable by everyone in the workspace. Workspace members can join or leave public channels whenever they choose.
Can you organize files in Slack?
Slack supports all major cloud-based file management systems, including Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, Microsoft OneDrive and Sharepoint Online. By using these apps with Slack, the files your team shares in channels are automatically indexed.
What is the best way to create a channel in Slack?
Slack best practices for setting up new channels
- Be focused when creating new channels—but not overly specific. …
- Consider making certain channels private. …
- Don’t create additional channels for quick, non-recurring engagements. …
- Create a channel for recreational or “water-cooler” chat.
How do I add multiple channels to Slack?
Create a multi-workspace channel
- From your desktop, open an existing channel or create a new one.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Next to Workspaces with access to this channel, click Edit.
- Search for and select workspaces you’d like to have access this channel.
- Click Save.