How do I manage a release in Jira?
Release your version in Jira Software
- Go to the project that your version is in, and then click Releases > your desired version.
- On the version page, click the Release button.
- The release dialog will be displayed.
- Enter the details for the release, then click the Release button.
What are releases in Jira?
Releases represent points in time for your project. They can be used to schedule how features are rolled out to your customers, or as a way to organize work that has been completed for the project.
How do I assign a task to release in Jira?
Once you’ve configured your releases, it is time to assign your issues to the new releases.
- Go to Scope > Cog > select Releases.
- In the new releases column, click and select a release from the drop-down.
- Select Calculate to include the changes in the planned schedule.
How do I track a release in Jira?
For project releases, view the release in Jira, to see a condensed list of all the issues assigned to that release, and possibly to change the release dates as needed. Hover on the progress bar of a release, to check how many issues are still to be completed.
How do you manage a release?
5 Steps to a Successful Release Management Process
- Plan release. The planning stage may be the most time intensive as this is where your entire release is structured from start to finish. …
- Build release. …
- User acceptance testing. …
- Prepare release. …
- Deploy release.
What is a release management process?
Release management refers to the process of planning, designing, scheduling, testing, deploying, and controlling software releases. It ensures that release teams efficiently deliver the applications and upgrades required by the business while maintaining the integrity of the existing production environment.
What helps you to schedule and organize the releases in Jira?
Jira’s Release Management facility helps to schedule and organize the software product releases.
What is the difference between a release and a sprint?
The short answer is that a Sprint is a feature or set of features within an product release while a Release is the complete feature set for that particular version of the product.
What is the difference between release and deploy?
To deploy means to push a new release to one or more machines, updating the current version. Release is to make the product/build available for testing before deployment, usually sent from the development team. In-between release and deployment is usually the testing and verification process.
What is the difference between release and build and release in Jira?
A release is essentially a snapshot of the artifact(s) and related metadata that will be deployed. A release is created from a single build. If you have connected JIRA Software to Bamboo, you can automatically run a Bamboo build when you release a version.
How do I manage versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.