How do I retrieve archived channels in slack?
Unarchive a channel in Slack
- Search in the top bar for the channel you wish to unarchive. Archived channels have the text (archived) appended to their names.
- Click the ℹ️ in the top right corner.
- Choose Un-archive #<channel name> to restore the archived channel.
How do I search slack archives?
Start a search
- Click the search field at the top of Slack.
- Below the search field, select the type of results you want: messages, files, people, or channels.
- Type what you’re looking for into the search field. …
- Select an option from the list, or press Enter to view all results.
How do I see all channels in slack?
Click Channels in the left sidebar. Search for a channel name, or filter channels by channel type or workspace. If you have permission to manage private channels, you can check the box next to Show all private channels.
Where are my slack channels?
In addition to the “Messages” and “Files” tabs that already exist in the results, you’ll see a new tab named “Channels.” There you’ll find the public channels—along with the private channels you belong to—that are most relevant to your search.
How do I find old slack messages?
Getting started with retrieving messages
- Load up the settings for your app from the app management page.
- In the navigation menu, choose the OAuth & Permissions feature.
- Scroll down to the Scopes section, and pick channels:read and channels:history from the drop down menu.
- Click save changes.
How do I archive my slack workspace?
How to archive a Slack channel on a computer
- Open Slack and log into your account, if necessary.
- Click on the channel name in the left sidebar.
- Click the gear icon, located at the top of the channel next to the name. Click the gear icon on the right. …
- Select “Additional options.” …
- Click “Archive this channel.”
How do I view Slack history?
To access your most recent conversations in Slack, select the History button that resembles a clock. The icon can be found in the top toolbar, left of the search bar. This History button will open a menu listing your most recent conversations in order.
How do I see mentions in Slack?
View your mentions
- Desktop: Click Mentions & reactions in the left sidebar.
- Mobile: Tap the Mentions tab at the bottom of the Slack app.
How do I see Slack call history?
View Access Logs for all members
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Settings & administration, then Workspace settings from the menu.
- Click Access Logs on the right.
- If you notice any irregularities, ask the affected member(s) to sign out of all sessions from their personal Access Logs.
Can you hide channels in Slack?
From your desktop, click your profile picture in the top right. Select Preferences from the menu. Click Sidebar in the left-side column. Check or uncheck the boxes next to List private channels separately.
Can Slack Admin see private channels?
According to @SlackHQ (the official Slack twitter account), “owners can only see the private channels that they are a member of”.