Can you create sub-channels in Slack?
Slack doesn’t have sub-channels but you can mimic by using some conventions.
How do I group channels in Slack?
Click and hold on any channel or direct message and then drag it on top of the section. Let go to drop the channel or direct message into the section. You can further customize the order of your Slack workspace’s sidebar by clicking and dragging the sections as well as the channels/direct messages within the sections.
Can you have folders in Slack?
Start a message from anywhere with a handy new compose button. Organize channels, messages and apps into custom, collapsible sections (you know, like folders)
How do I create a channel in Slack?
Create a channel
- From your sidebar, click the plus icon next to Channels and select Create a channel.
- Give the channel a name.
- Add a description, choose a channel type (public or private), or check the box to share the channel outside of your company.
- Click Create and add people to the channel, or click Skip for now.
How do I add multiple channels to Slack?
Create a multi-workspace channel
- From your desktop, open an existing channel or create a new one.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Next to Workspaces with access to this channel, click Edit.
- Search for and select workspaces you’d like to have access this channel.
- Click Save.
What is the best way to create a channel in Slack?
Slack best practices for setting up new channels
- Be focused when creating new channels—but not overly specific. …
- Consider making certain channels private. …
- Don’t create additional channels for quick, non-recurring engagements. …
- Create a channel for recreational or “water-cooler” chat.
How do I add members to a group in Slack?
Add people to a channel
- Open the channel you’d like to add people to.
- Click cluster of profile pictures in the top right.
- Click Add people.
- If you’re adding a few people, search for and select the members you’d like to add. …
- When you’re done, click Add.
How do I create a group chat in Slack?
Create a Group Chat in Slack
Just select the people you want to create a group chat with, either by choosing from the list or typing them manually and click “Go”. You can now talk to the people in the new Group Chat. You can also add more people to the group chat if you want to.
What is the difference between a slack workspace and channel?
Anything posted in a public channel is visible and searchable by everyone in the workspace. Workspace members can join or leave public channels whenever they choose.
How do I manage channels in slack?
Manage channels in your workspace
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Click Settings & administration from the menu, then click Workspace settings.
- Below Administration in the left sidebar, select Manage channels. …
- Search for a channel name, or filter channels by channel type.