Can you hide your email address on Slack?
Display or hide email addresses
From your desktop, click on your workspace name in the top left. Select Settings & administration from the menu, then click on Workspace settings. Scroll down to Email display, then click Expand. Tick the box next to your preferred setting.
How do I find someone’s email address on Slack?
From your desktop, click People & user groups at the top of your left sidebar. If you don’t see this option, click More to find it. Type someone’s name, job title, team, or email address in the search field. To narrow your results, click Sort or Filter on the right side of the page.
Choose from three options: install the Microsoft Outlook or Gmail add-on, connect the Email app to your workspace, or set up a forwarding email address. You can also create a unique email address for a channel in your workspace. Sending email into Slack is useful to: Stay on top of a shared email list or inbox.
How do I remove an email account from Slack?
Deactivate your account. Ask the workspace primary owner to delete your profile info. The workspace primary owner will contact us at email@example.com. At the workspace primary owner’s request, we’ll remove your name, email address and other unique identifiers from the workspace.
Can employers read Slack messages Reddit?
Slack’s new policy lets bosses read employees’ DMs without consent.
Can my employer see my private Slack messages?
Can your boss read your Slack direct messages? In brief, yes, but they can’t actively read your messages as you send them. Slack allows employers to download and export Slack conversations, whether they’re public or private, into zip files.
How can you tell if someone is using Slack?
How to find someone on Slack on a computer
- Open Slack and log into your workspace.
- Click the plus sign next to “Direct Messages” in the left sidebar.
- If you know their name, enter it into the search bar, otherwise click “Search for people.”
- If you entered their name, select the correct contact when they appear.
How can you tell if someone is online Slack?
Never miss a Moment
You can check to see who is online in a particular channel! If you click into the channel info from the i icon in the top right of the Slack window, the folks online will be listed with green dots beside their name.
Can I change my Slack email address?
Update your email address
From your desktop, click your profile picture in the top right. Select Profile. Click More, then select Account settings. … If you’re not signed in to Slack when you click Confirm your email address, use your old email address to sign in to save the change.
Can you Unsend Slack messages?
By default, any member can delete their messages, but owners and admins can restrict this permission. If you can’t delete a message, find an owner or admin to ask for help. Owners and admins can also delete members’ messages in public channels, private channels, and group direct messages (DMs) they’re part of.
How do I use Slack with Gmail?
Send email to Slack
- Head to the Slack for Gmail page in the Google Workspace Marketplace to install the Slack add-on to Gmail. …
- After you install the add-on, click the Slack icon in the right sidebar to connect your Gmail account to Slack.
How do I disconnect Slack from Outlook?
Disconnect a calendar
- Click Apps at the top of your left sidebar. If you don’t see this option, click More to find it.
- Search for and select Outlook Calendar.
- From the Home tab, click Settings in the top right.
- Click Settings.
- Below the calendar you’d like to disconnect, click Disconnect Calendar.
- Click Yes to confirm.