What is a request in Jira?
In Jira Service Management, customers are people who request help from your service project. For example, if an agent is taking a customer request by phone, they can raise their request on behalf of that customer. … These requests are collected in queues as issues for your agents to work on.
What distinguishes the difference between a watcher and a request participant?
A Watcher is someone that will be given permissions for the Jira project. … A Requested Participant is someone being given permissions for the Jira Service Desk portal.
Customers can share requests with their organization, or raise a private request. Customers can search their organization for people to share with: Customers who aren’t in an organization can’t share requests.
How do I change the request type in Jira Service Desk?
- Select “Move”
- Keep project but Change `issue type` to something else (anything)
- Submit changes.
- Go back to your ticket, and you will now see `Request type` is empty, and you will now be allowed to change the `Request Type`
How do I automatically add participants in Jira Service Desk?
Using the Edit Issue action, you can simply add single (or multiple) participants with a simple click. As ever, start your rule off with a Trigger — issue creation in this case. Then you simply need to choose the ‘edit issue’ action. Within the edit issue action, click edit fields and select ‘Request Participants’.
How do I create a request in Jira?
To create a request type:
- From your service project, go to Project settings > Request types.
- Select Add new request type.
- Enter the Request name, Icon, and Issue type.
- Choose a Portal group, or leave the checkbox unselected to hide this request type from your portal.
- Select Create.
What is a watcher in Jira Service Desk?
A Watcher is someone that will be given permissions for the Jira project. … A Requested Participant is someone being given permissions for the Jira Service Desk portal. A customer can be added as a Requested Participant by using the “Share” function in the portal.
How do I raise access request in Jira?
Raise a customer request
- From your service project sidebar, select Raise a request ( ).
- Select the request type that matches your customer’s need.
- In the Raise this request on behalf of field, enter a new customer’s email address, or search for an existing customer:
- Fill in the request details. …
- Select Create.
What is a client facing portal?
A client portal is a secure digital gateway to an organization’s network, community forum, customer information, knowledge base, and/or other information. Organizations often use client portals as a central place to share information with their customers.
Is Jira service management replacing Jira Service Desk?
Jira Service Management will replace Jira Service Desk Cloud over the next three weeks, with an automatic update for cloud customers. … It also fleshes out automated risk assessment and change management workflows based on the company’s 2019 acquisition of the Automation for Jira no-code change management workflow tool.