What is strategic facilitation?
Strategic planning facilitation is when an outside facilitator is hired to work with an organization and the strategic planning meeting (and to possibly assist with implementation coaching). If you don’t have a facilitator, you are the facilitator.
What does a strategic planning coordinator do?
Under the direction of the Executive Vice President, the Strategic Planning Coordinator ensures multiple cross-functional teams meet strategic planning-related timelines and deliverables effectively and efficiently. Determines project benchmarks and tracks, monitors, and measures progress and outcomes.
How much does a strategic planning facilitator cost?
While my price points range between $13,000 to about $25,000 for planning projects, most organizations should anticipate paying least $10,000 – and no more than $35,000 for the services of a qualified strategic planning consultant. Again – it all depends on how much work you are willing to do as an organization.
What does a strategic planning manager do?
Strategic Planning Manager is responsible for planning and directing an organization’s strategic and long-range goals. Conducts organizational reviews to identify strengths and weaknesses and to evaluate operational effectiveness.
What is the role of a facilitator in strategic planning?
Facilitators serve as neutral agents who “plan, guide and manage a group event to ensure that the group’s objectives are met effectively, with clear thinking, good participation and full buy-in from everyone who is involved.” Professional facilitators often utilize evidence-based processes to guide focused …
How do you facilitate a strategic planning process?
Ten Tips on How to Lead a Strategic Planning Session
- Start meeting after you get ready. …
- Allow time for big-picture thinking together. …
- Ask the hard questions. …
- Concentrate on what moves the dial. …
- Don’t write your plan in stone. …
- Keep it simple and clear. …
- Make strategy a habit, not just a retreat. …
- Have Fun!
What qualifications do you need to be a strategic planner?
Strategic Planner Requirements:
- A degree in business, finance, marketing or a related field.
- Prior experience as a strategic planner or business analyst.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent knowledge of industry strategies.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to interpret relevant data.
What are the roles of strategic planning?
Role of strategic planning in an organization
- Looking at strategic business units as investments.
- The strategic department keeps monitoring the business environment.
- Establishing a strategy based on the decisions made.
What makes a good strategic planner?
Strategic planning is about grounding your organization in its mission, vision, and values. Take the time to think through where it makes sense to focus your energy and resources in order to reach intended outcomes and results, and ensure all stakeholders are aligned and working toward common goals.
What skills do you need to be a facilitator?
A good facilitator possesses the following skills:
- Advanced preparation.
- Clear communication.
- Active listening.
- Asking questions.
- Establishing a psychologically safe environment for sharing.
- Creating focus amongst the group.
- Unbiased objectivity.
How much should I pay for a strategic plan?
The answer depends on how you choose to put your plan together and how much time it will take: The cost can range from $5,000 to $50,000, depending on what your organizational needs are and how complex the process is.