What guidelines should be followed while Practising asana?
Asanas should be practiced on an empty stomach. Consume small amount of honey in lukewarm water if you feel weak. Bladder and bowels should be empty before starting Yogic practices. Practice sessions should start with a prayer or an invocation as it creates a conducive environment to relax the mind.
What are the guidelines for yoga practice?
Practice sessions should start with a prayer or invocation as it creates a conducive environment to relax the mind. Yogic practices shall be performed slowly, in a relaxed manner, with awareness of the body and breath. Do not hold the breath unless it is specially mentioned to do so during the practice.
What are the guidelines for the practice of kriyas?
Guidelines to Kriya-practitioners.
- The fundamental duty of a Kriya-practitioner is to regularly perform practice with devotion.
- Being in a tranquil (blissful) state after Kriya-practice is called Samadhi.
- Kriya practice at 4 o’clock in the morning (4 a.m.) is beneficial for a Kriya practitioner.
What is one of the most important objectives during Yoga?
The ultimate goal of Yoga is to know one’s self within and bring union between the individual self (Atman) and Universal Consciousness (Parmatman), to attain liberation (Moksha or Kaivalya) from cares and anxieties, pains and sufferings of worldly life and enjoy Truth-Knowledge-Bliss-Absolute.
What are the preparatory steps which are to be followed before starting the Yoga practice?
- You should study each asana properly before practising it.
- Follow the breathing instructions given to you.
- Do not hold the breath after attaining the final posture.
- Stop immediately if your muscles are overloaded or you can suffer from severe body pain.
What are the conditions of Yoga?
These are just 11 of the health conditions doing yoga can help with, according to some of the latest research.
- Yoga Can Help With Chronic Stress. …
- It Can Reduce Anxiety. …
- Yoga Can Decrease Depression. …
- Yoga Can Improve Heart Health. …
- Yoga Can Relieve Chronic Back Pain. …
- Yoga Can Improve Brain Health. …
- Yoga Can Help Control Anger.
What happens in Kriya Yoga initiation?
Kriya Yoga is the diksha (initiation) of Yogoda Satsanga Society. By receiving Kriya initiation, students enter into the sacred guru-disciple relationship, accepting Paramahansa Yogananda as their guru (spiritual guide). Read more on the guru-disciple relationship.