An Asana task can belong to more than one project. Read the Guide to learn more about storing tasks in multiple projects. Thanks!
Can you add a project to another project in Asana?
Import a Project to Asana
To import projects or tasks into Asana, you can also duplicate the tasks you’d like to move to Asana as a list, and paste that list into a project. Asana will automatically create a new task after each line break.
Link tasks by using the Gantt Chart view
- On the View menu, choose Gantt Chart.
- In the Task Name field, select two or more tasks you want to link, in the order you want to link them. To select nonadjacent tasks, hold down CTRL and select the tasks you want to link. …
- Choose Link Tasks .
How do I add multiple tasks in asana?
To multi-select several tasks, just click then hold down Shift and click the up or down arrow. Use Command or Control to select tasks individually. Once you multi-select tasks, you can take mass actions on them: Bulk assign them to the same person.
Can you have projects within projects?
You can also create sub-tasks inside projects to break down big tasks into smaller, more manageable ones.
How do I move a project to another workspace in Asana?
Scroll down and click “Transfer a project.” Click Login and grant Ditto permission to access your Asana account. Choose the workspace to copy from, and the project you want to clone. Choose your new workspace as the destination, allow Ditto to access your data, and click Next.
How do I create a sub project in Asana?
Creating subtasks in an Asana project
- Click the “subtasks” button. It’s in the right pane, next to the due date field.
- You can also press Tab+S on your keyboard after selecting a parent task.
- After you’ve created a subtask, you can select it and press ‘Enter’ to create another.
Linking Project files
You can insert a subproject anywhere in the task list of the master project. Click Project > Subproject. In the Insert Project box, select the subproject you want to insert. To insert multiple subprojects, hold down Ctrl and click the subprojects in the order that you want to insert them.