Does Confluence integrate with Google Drive?
Google Drive & Docs for Confluence is powered by Team Files. With Google Drive add-on app you can manage all your files and folders, upload, download, edit and share files right from Confluence. … Embed documents into Confluence pages using the Macro, always updated to the latest version.
How do I import content into Confluence?
Import Word documents
- View an existing page. …
- From the top right of the page, select ••• > Advanced details > Import word document.
- Select the Select file to import button.
- Find the Word document you want to import.
- Select Import. …
- Choose the import options you want. …
- Select Import.
How is Confluence different from Google Docs?
Collaborating on Documents is where confluence differs most from Google Docs. Confluence was designed with collaboration in mind, rather than having adapted over the years to do so. Having page comments as well as inline comments are an easy way to provide feedback.
How do I export and import into Confluence?
To import a space from the home directory:
- Copy your space export file to <confluence-home>/restore. …
- Go to > General Configuration > Backup and Restore.
- Select your space export file under Import from the Home Directory.
- Uncheck Build Index if you want to create the index at a later stage.
- Choose Import.
Embedding a Google Drive Document
- In the Confluence page edit mode, create a Drive macro.
- When the pop-up window appears, click Select File or Folder.
- You may be asked to log in to your Google account. …
- Browse the files in your Google Drive and click Select on the file you want to embed in the Confluence page.
How do I insert a Google drawing into Confluence?
Find and click on draw.io diagram file you want to embed, then click on the blue Select button. Check the preview to make sure you have the right draw.io diagram, then click Select. Finally, click Insert to embed your diagram file from Google Drive into your Confluence Cloud page.
How do I import a PDF into Confluence?
To add the PDF macro to a page:
- Upload the PDF file to your page, then publish the page. See Upload Files to learn how to do this.
- From the editor toolbar, choose Insert > Other Macros.
- Choose PDF from the Confluence content category.
- Select the attached file you want to display.
- Choose Insert.
How do I migrate to Confluence?
Transferring Confluence To Another Server Using The Same Operating System
- Run the Confluence installer on your new server.
- Shut down Confluence on both your old and new servers.
- If you’re using Oracle or MySQL, copy the drivers from your old server to the new one.
How do I import XML into Confluence?
To import a small space from Confluence Cloud:
- In Confluence Cloud, export the space to XML.
- In Confluence Server, go to > General Configuration> Backup & Restore.
- Scroll down to Restore Confluence Data and select your export file.
- Choose Import.
Is notion better than Confluence?
While Notion offers everything from databases to kanban boards, Confluence is purposefully more focused on being a document collaboration and software documentation tool. It’s also more rigid and doesn’t have the flexibility and customization options of Notion, which also makes it easier to get started with.
Probably the biggest difference between SharePoint vs. Confluence is that SharePoint offers advanced customization options. SharePoint also comes with a robust data warehouse, so document storage is pretty hefty. Finally, SharePoint has tons more add-ons than Confluence, although we know Atlassian is working on this.
Is Confluence good for documentation?
Confluence is already a great tool for technical documentation, but you can still add to it depending on your documentation and workflow needs. Here are some useful apps available on the Atlassian Marketplace, most of which we use ourselves, which can extend the functionality of Confluence.