What does affects version mean in Jira?
Affects version is the version in which a bug or problem was found. Although it can be useful for tracking problems, it isn’t used very often in Jira. Fix version is the version where you plan on releasing a feature or bugfix to customers.
What are versions in Jira?
Versions are points-in-time for a project. They help you schedule and organize your releases. Once a version is created and issues are assigned to it, you can use the version to filter information in various reports. If you’ve integrated Jira with Bamboo, you can start a build automatically.
How do I change the affected version in Jira?
- Click on Projects -> Choose the appropriate project.
- At the Project Summary Page -> Click on the Administration tab.
- On the left pane , click on Versions.
- Fill in the Name of the versions and Description then click on the Add button.
- Repeat Step 4 until you are done adding all the versions.
What is version control in Jira?
Version control, also known as source control, is the practice of tracking and managing changes to software code. Version control systems are software tools that help software teams manage changes to source code over time.
What is difference between version and release?
Normally Release is more about the “action” to distribute the software to interested candidates, while “version” is an identifier of certain snapshot of the software (mostly a meaningful snapshot). Therefore, in most case, as we need to identify certain release of the application, we will have a version assigned.
What happens when you release a version in JIRA?
Releasing a version on a Scrum board marks the version as released. It doesn’t automatically modify the issues in the version in any way.
How do I manage versions in Jira?
Managing a project’s versions
- Choose Administration ( ) > Projects, and select the relevant project.
- Choose Versions in the left menu. The Versions page is displayed, showing a list of versions and each version’s status. From here you can manage the project’s versions as described on this page.
What is the latest version of JIRA software?
8.13. 5 (long term support)?
How do I check my JIRA version?
You can check Jira Software version on the footer of any page in JIRA. It will be written in grey font. Or you can go to Applicatons->Versions and Licenses. You can see there the verisons of Jira Software, Jira Service Desk and Jira Core.
Who is reported in JIRA?
A Reporter in JIRA is the one who reports or raise the issue. In most cases, the Reporter would be a Project manager. If you are someone who is excited about DevOps and managing projects, then I would recommend you to take up the project management training course from Intellipaat and become a certified professional.