How do I search for groups in Slack?
Start a search
- Click the search field at the top of Slack.
- Below the search field, select the type of results you want: messages, files, people, or channels.
- Type what you’re looking for into the search field. …
- Select an option from the list, or press Enter to view all results.
How do I join a Slack channel outside my organization?
Click the channel name in the conversation header. Click the Settings tab. Below Slack Connect, click Work With Another Company. Enter the email address or name for anyone you’d like to send an invitation to, then click Done.
How do I accept a slack invite?
Accept an invitation to join a channel
- Open the invitation.
- Review the invitation details, then click Continue.
- Choose the workspace you’d like the channel to be a part of, or click Sign in to another workspace at the bottom of the page.
- Review the channel details. …
- Click Accept Invitation.
Can anyone join a slack workspace?
Anyone with an approved email address can join by clicking your workspace’s sign-up link, or entering their email on the sign-in page. Note: If a member of your workspace requests an invitation for someone with an approved email address, the request will be approved automatically.
How do I invite an external user to a slack channel?
On the free version of Slack, owners, admins, and members can invite other members to join their workspace. Select Invite people to [workspace name] from the menu. Enter the email address for anyone you’d like to invite. Click Send, then click Done.
How do I add outside people to slack?
Click Start Conversation.
- Open the invitation and tap View Invitation.
- Choose the Slack account you’d like to use for this DM. If you don’t see your preferred account, tap Sign in to another account.
- Tap Start Conversation.
Do you pay for guests on slack?
Billing for guests
They’re billed as regular members and can be added to an unlimited number of channels. Single-Channel Guests are free and can only access one channel. For every paid active member in your workspace, you can add up to 5 guests.
From your desktop, visit https://slack.com/get-started.
- Enter your email address (we suggest using your work email address). Then click Continue.
- Check your email for a confirmation code from Slack and enter it.
- Below Accept an invitation, click Join next to the workspace you’d like to join.
How do I open a slack account?
Go to https://slack.com/get-started#/createnew.
- Enter your email address and click Continue, or continue with Apple or Google.
- Check your email for a confirmation code.
- Enter your code, then click Create a workspace and follow the prompts. Welcome to Slack!
How do I approve a slack channel?
Approve or deny requests for channels
- Select Settings & administration from the menu, then click Manage Slack Connect.
- Click the Requests tab on the left.
- Next to the channel name, select Approve or Deny.