Why is Slack not showing messages?
Try restarting your device again, then resetting the cache. If that doesn’t work, you can uninstall and reinstall the Slack app.
How do I turn off message preview in Slack?
Once in your preferences, scroll down to the “Sound & appearance” section of the default “Notifications” tab. Next, untick the checkbox labelled “Include a preview of the message in each notification (disable this for extra privacy)”. With this checkbox disabled, message previews will be omitted from notifications.
How do I change the view in Slack?
If you’d like, you can adjust this preference:
- From your desktop, click your profile picture in the top right.
- Select Preferences from the menu.
- Click Sidebar in the left-side column.
- Check or uncheck the boxes next to Show profile photos next to DMs.
How do I view messages on Slack?
Access your direct messages
- Click All DMs at the top of your left sidebar. If you don’t see this option, click More to find it.
- By default, your most recent conversations are listed below the Direct Messages header in your left sidebar.
How do I turn on red dot in Slack?
Sound & appearance Choose how notifications look, sound, and behave. under that there will be a checkbox with the label “Show a badge A dock badge on Mac on Slack’s icon to indicate new activity”, you have to have that selected.
How do I automatically add new messages in Slack?
As you can see from above, there are multiple ways to get Slack to load your new messages.
3. Re-install the app
- Press Start.
- Type in Slack.
- Right-click on the app’s icon.
- Click Uninstall.
- Download the app from the Slack official website and install it again like you did last time.
How do I archive messages in slack?
Archive a channel
Click the channel name in the conversation header. Click Settings, then Archive channel for everyone. Click Archive Channel to confirm.
How do I turn on slack desktop notifications?
From your desktop, click on your profile picture in the top right. Select Preferences from the menu to open your notification preferences. Under Notify me about, choose your notification triggers.
How do I enable slack notifications in Chrome?
Change your default notifications settings
- On your computer, open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More. Settings.
- Under “Privacy and security,” click Site settings.
- Click Notifications.
- Choose the option you want as your default setting. Block a site: Next to “Not allowed to send notifications,” click Add.
How do I see all channels in Slack?
Click Channels in the left sidebar. Search for a channel name, or filter channels by channel type or workspace. If you have permission to manage private channels, you can check the box next to Show all private channels.
How do I change my privacy settings on Slack?
Convert a channel to private
- From your desktop, open the channel you’d like to make private.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Scroll down and click Change to a private channel.
- Click Change to Private to confirm.
How do I expand a text box in Slack?
On the desktop app, you can adjust your zoom level from your preferences.
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Choose Preferences.
- Click Accessibility.
- Select your zoom level.