How do I create a Confluence server?
Set up Confluence
- Choose installation type. Choose Production installation. …
- Enter your license. …
- Connect to your database. …
- Populate your new site with content. …
- Choose where to manage users. …
- Create your administrator account. …
- Start using Confluence.
What is Confluence server?
Confluence is a team workspace where knowledge and collaboration meet. Dynamic pages give your team a place to create, capture, and collaborate on any project or idea. … Equipped with Confluence, your team can make quick decisions, gain alignment, and accomplish more together.
What web server does Confluence use?
If you’re using Confluence 6.0 or later with Synchrony (required for collaborative editing), you’ll need to use Apache 2.4. 10 or later, and also check that the mod_proxy_wstunnel and mod_rewrite modules are enabled. Windows refers to Apache as ‘httpd’, with the configuration file stored in the location confhttpd.
Probably the biggest difference between SharePoint vs. Confluence is that SharePoint offers advanced customization options. SharePoint also comes with a robust data warehouse, so document storage is pretty hefty. Finally, SharePoint has tons more add-ons than Confluence, although we know Atlassian is working on this.
How do I configure Confluence in Jira?
Add a Jira shortcut to a Confluence page
- Copy the URL of your Jira project.
- Navigate to the Confluence space you’d like to connect it to.
- Tap the Add shortcut option in the Confluence lefthand sidebar.
- Paste your Jira project URL in the Edit space shortcuts dialog box, and name your shortcut for easy reference.
What is Confluence server and Data Center?
Confluence Data Center is a self-managed solution that provides you with the additional configuration options you need to meet the collaboration needs of the most demanding teams. This page provides an overview of options and considerations for large enterprises using Confluence.
How do I create a Confluence wiki?
There are a few steps to creating a wiki with Confluence:
- Create an account on Confluence using this link.
- Make sure to keep a note of your password somewhere secure. …
- Start a Confluence trial using this link. …
- Create a space called “Product”. …
- Create your first wiki page and save!
What is Confluence best for?
Confluence is a collaboration wiki tool used to help teams to collaborate and share knowledge efficiently. With confluence, we can capture project requirements, assign tasks to specific users, and manage several calendars at once with the help of Team Calendars add-on.
Can Confluence be used for project management?
From software development to big marketing campaigns, or even company events, project management in Confluence helps you get any project off the ground, stay in touch with the rest of your team, and make sure everyone is moving in the same direction.
Is notion better than Confluence?
While Notion offers everything from databases to kanban boards, Confluence is purposefully more focused on being a document collaboration and software documentation tool. It’s also more rigid and doesn’t have the flexibility and customization options of Notion, which also makes it easier to get started with.