How do you configure a comment field to be required in a workflow transition?
Go to the JIRA workflow editor, and find the transition during which you want to require comments. Choose Validators and Add Validator. Select the Field Required Validator. Add the Comment field to the required fields list.
Can you make fields mandatory in Jira?
To make a field mandatory when used through Jira’s user interface, click the Required link associated with that field. The text Required appears next to the field’s name. Hidden fields cannot be set as required. To make a field optional, click the Optional link associated with that field.
What is the comment field in Jira?
Comment Custom Fields for Jira adds 15 additional custom fields to issues and keeps them in sync automatically. You can use those fields in JQL searches, filters, listings and reports.
How do I add a validator in Jira?
Add a validator
Click Workflows and then Edit for the relevant workflow. In diagram mode, select the transition arrow. In text mode, select the transition’s name from the Transitions (id) column. In diagram mode, click Validators in the properties panel to show the triggers configured for the transition.
How do I make an epic Link Field mandatory in Jira?
- Edit the workflow for the relevant project in diagram mode.
- Select the ‘Create Issue’ transtion, and then under Options click on Validators.
- From the list of Validators that pops up, select the ‘Fields Required’ validator, and then select the Epic Link field.
- Save and publish your workflow.
How do you associate field configuration with a project?
How to associate a field configuration scheme with a project
- Go to your project and click Project settings.
- Click Fields.
- Click Actions > Use a different scheme.
- Select the scheme you want to associate with this project.
- Click Associate.
How do I change field settings in Jira?
How to edit a field description
- Select > Issues.
- In the Fields section, click Field configurations.
- Click Configure next to the field configuration you wish to edit.
- Click Edit next to the field you want to update.
- Enter a new description and click Update.
How do I change a workflow transition in Jira?
Click Workflows. Select the workflow transition you want to change and click Edit. In the Workflow Editor, select the transition. Click Triggers in the properties panel to show the triggers configured for the transition.
How do I edit transitions in Jira?
To edit a transition:
- From your project’s sidebar, select Project settings > Issue types.
- From the sidebar, select the issue type you want to edit.
- Select Edit workflow.
- Select the transition in your workflow diagram. The transition details panel appears.
Which custom fields and system an issue can use in Jira?
Jira application issues are made up of fields. You can choose any number of fields to appear when creating, editing, or transitioning issues. You can also create custom fields for teams working on issues within any of your Jira projects. Custom fields allow people to add information specific to your team’s needs.