Right click over the Gantt chart and select “Layout” from the shortcut menu. Under the Links section, select the first option, without link lines. I hope this helps. Perfect!!!!
How do I hide an activity in MS Project?
The only way to “hide” tasks is to set up a filter that excludes what you don’t want. This can be with an auto-filter or a custom filter which has the tasks you want to hide flagged (e.g. Flag1).
When you link tasks, Project displays link lines on a Gantt Chart view that show the task dependencies of the linked tasks.
Change the appearance of link lines between Gantt bars
- Apply a Gantt Chart view. …
- In the Format group, click Layout. …
- Under Links, click the type of link line that you want to use.
How do I remove predecessor lines in MS Project?
To remove dependency relationships in the Task Information dialog box, here’s the drill:
- Double-click a successor task name. The Task Information dialog box appears.
- Click the Predecessors tab to display it.
- Click the Type box for the dependency you want to delete. …
- Choose None.
- Click the OK button to save the change.
If your task is no longer dependent on any other tasks, you can remove all of the task’s dependencies at once.
- Choose View > Gantt Chart.
- In the Task Name field, select the tasks that you want to unlink. To select multiple tasks that are not listed consecutively, hold down CTRL and click each task. …
- Choose Unlink Tasks .
What does FS and SS mean in MS Project?
Finish-to-start (FS) Indicates that the finish date of the predecessor task determines the start date of the successor task. For example, a film scene must be shot before it can be edited. Start-to-start (SS) Indicates that the start date of the predecessor task determines the start date of the successor task.
How do I hide bars in MS project?
Q2: View ribbon, and in Filter select Date range. There is also a field called “Hide Bar”. You can switch between “Yes” and “No”. To hide the task bar on the Gantt Chart, simply insert the column for “Hide Bar” and change the entry to “yes” for that field.
In Microsoft Project 2007, you can link one project to another by using a hyperlink. A hyperlink enables you to jump from the currently displayed document to another document on your hard drive, a computer network, or the Internet.