Open the shortcuts menu by clicking or tapping the lightning bolt icon to the left of the message field in Slack on desktop or mobile. From the menu, search for a specific action to find built-in Slack shortcuts, ex. setting your status, or browse the menu to see what’s available.
What is a Slack shortcut?
Shortcuts give users clear entry points to access your app. Apps can create global shortcuts that are available from anywhere in Slack, and message shortcuts that are shown only in message context menus. Shortcuts can trigger modals and other app interactions. They are gateways to powerful, productive workflows.
How do I create a Slack shortcut on my desktop?
Upload a Slack icon
- Select Settings & administration, then Customize [workspace name] from the menu.
- Click the Workspace Icon tab.
- Choose a file, then click Upload Icon.
- Next, crop your icon.
- When you’re done, click Crop Icon to save your changes.
Can I change Slack shortcuts?
It’s not currently possible to set customised keyboard shortcuts for Slack.
What are shortcuts in slack channels?
|Create a new snippet||Ctrl Shift Enter|
|Add an emoji reaction to a message*||Ctrl Shift ` Ctrl Shift # Ctrl Shift Ctrl Shift _ Ctrl Shift ¡ Ctrl Shift à Ctrl Shift 、|
|Open the directory||Ctrl Shift E|
|Start a search||Ctrl G|
How do I make a GIF shortcut in slack?
Send GIFs in Slack
- From a conversation, click the lightning bolt icon to open the shortcuts menu.
- Search for Giphy.
- Click Find and share a GIF.
- Type a word or phrase in the text field, then click Search.
- Click Shuffle to view more options, then select Share to post your GIF.
How do I use Slack shortcuts?
You can use the following hotkeys to navigate Slack on Windows or Linux:
- Go to Conversation: Ctrl+K.
- Go to Direct Messages (DM): Ctrl+Shift+K.
- Go to Channels: Ctrl+Shift+L.
- Go to Mentions: Ctrl+Shift+M (Desktop app only)
- Go to People: Ctrl+Shift+E.
- Go to Saved Items: Ctrl+Shift+S.
- Go to next Section: F6.
Open a conversation
- Press ⌘ K (Mac) or Ctrl K (Windows/Linux).
- Type the name of a channel or person into the search field.
- Press Enter to open the conversation.
How do you hit enter in Slack without sending?
Guess what, there’s a simple solution! When you want to format your message a bit better and add a few more lines of text to enhance a bullet point list of any kind of detailed info, simply hold SHIFT and press RETURN on Mac or ENTER on PC. That’s it!
How do I get Slack app on my desktop?
Here’s how to download the app to your desktop:
- Visit slack.com/downloads.
- Click Download.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the file (called SlackSetup.exe). Slack will launch automatically once installed.
How do I use Slack on my desktop?
Open Slack automatically
- From your desktop, click on your workspace name in the top left.
- Choose Preferences from the menu.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- Under Other options, tick the box next to Launch app on login.
Where is Slack installed Windows 10?
The default installation location is C:Program Files (x86) or C:Program Files. Locate your Slack folder and remove it. Then try to install the app again.