This is part of a series on syncing an MS Project file to SharePoint. … I’m saying you, the project manager, can use a simple SharePoint Task List to let everyone on your team view and update a Project file without the need for a Project license, while you keep control of the MPP (that’s Project’s proprietary file type).
To do that:
- Navigate to the Tasks Web part, click on List Tab, then, Open with Project button (you need of course to have Project Professional installed on your computer for that to work)
- Your SharePoint Task List will open in MS Project, where you can make further changes.
How do I export Microsoft Project?
Choose File > Export > Save Project as File, and under Other File Types, double-click Microsoft Excel Workbook. (In Project 2010, choose File > Save As, and next to Save as type, choose Excel Workbook.) In the Save As dialog box, pick a location for the workbook.
How to Create a Project Site in SharePoint Online
- Click Settings and then click Site Contents.
- Under Subsites, click New Subsite.
- Under Title and Description, give the new project site a Title that corresponds with the name of the project.
You can share your project with your team members by using the Share option from the Team – Share menu, by clicking on the Share Project button from the Share bar that appears immediately after opening a file or by going to File menu – Open – Project Server/Online and in the file picker, right-click on the project you …
How do I view MS Project files?
Open a project file
- Click File > Open.
- Click Computer, and then on the right, choose a recent folder or click Browse.
- Click the project you want, and then click Open.
Open an Office file
- Click the File tab.
- Click Open.
- Under Favorites, click SharePoint Sites.
- Click the SharePoint site where your file is located, and then click Open. …
- Click the name of the library that contains the file, such as Shared Documents, and then click Open.
How do you save a Project?
You can save your project to a different file format.
- Click the File tab.
- Click Save & Send.
- Under File Types, click Save Project as File.
- On the right, under Project File Types or Other File Types, select the type of file that you want to save to. …
- Type a file name for the file.
- Click Save.
How do I export a whole Gantt chart from MS Project?
To export the Gantt chart, go to the List area of your project. Click the options button (three dots) in the top right. Hover over Reports in the dropdown and select the Gantt Chart Export option. In the export modal, you can then chose a format for your export.