How do I change the order of Children pages in Confluence?
Reorder pages that are children of the same parent.
To move or reorder a page:
- Go to the space and choose Space tools > Reorder pages from the bottom of the sidebar.
- Expand the branches to locate the page you want to move.
- Drag the page to a new position in the tree.
What is a child page on Confluence?
Pages in Confluence have a parent/child relationship. Any pages under a parent are considered its children.
How do I add a tab space in Confluence?
Tabs for Confluence
- Click the Edit icon.
- Click Insert > View More in the Confluence editor.
- Select the Tabs for Confluence macro in the Select Macro screen.
- Define the tab with the following parameters: …
- Click Insert.
How do I edit hierarchy in Confluence?
Click “Space Tools” at the bottom of the sidebar, and then “Reorder pages”.
- Click on the arrow next to the parent page, to expand the hierarchy and find the page you want to move. …
- You can also alphabetically order child pages. …
- If you want to undo this sorting, click the arrow next to the parent page.
How do I organize pages in Confluence?
Once you know what kinds of spaces your organization will need, it’s time to create your first space.
- Go to your Confluence site.
- From the home screen, select Create Space.
- Select the type of space you’d like to create.
- Fill in the Space name, Space key, and other details.
- Set permissions for your space.
- Select Create.
Why can’t I edit a Confluence page?
Navigate to Confluence Administration > General Configuration > Collaborative Editing and click on “Restart Synchrony”. Afterward, try to create a new page or edit an existing one and see if the issue is resolved.
How do I edit rights in Confluence?
Edit space permissions
To change permissions for a space, choose Space tools > Permissions from the bottom of the sidebar, then choose Edit Permissions to change permission settings.
How do I edit a page tree macro in Confluence?
To edit the Page Tree macro:
- Select the macro placeholder. The floating toolbar appears.
- Select Edit. The right panel opens.
- Modify the parameters. Your changes are saved as you go.
- Resume editing the page, and the panel closes.
How do I use the Tab key in Confluence?
Steps to Reproduce
- Go to a page and edit or create new page.
- Add title and text.
- Hit the “Tab” key when putting the cursor on the text.
How do I use UI Tabs in Confluence?
To insert the UI Tabs macro into a page using the macro browser:
- In the Confluence editor, choose Insert > Other Macros, choose UI Tabs.
- Find and select the required macro.
- Inside the UI Tabs-macro, choose Insert > Other Macros, choose UI Tab.
- Add the title to the UI Tab and then add your content.
How do you outdent in Confluence?
outdent: Shift + tab.
How do I delete a child page in Confluence?
Navigate to the parent page and choose > Delete. Choose Also delete child pages then hit Next. We’ll warn you of any issues, such as incoming links that will break. Choose Delete to proceed.
How do I revert changes in Confluence?
Restore a previous version
- Go to the page and choose > Page History.
- Choose Restore this version beside the version you want to restore (or at the top of the page if you’ve opened the version)
- Change the default change comment if necessary, and choose OK.
Why can’t I delete a Confluence page?
If you’re using Confluence out-of-the-box, you may need permission to delete a page. This is because space permissions and page restrictions can prevent users from removing content. To find out if you can delete a Confluence page, click the icon with the three dots at the top right of the page, then click ‘Delete’.