How do I create a custom filter in MS Project?
Create a custom filter
- On the View tab, in the Data group, choose the arrow next to Filter, and then choose More Filters.
- Select Task or Resource (depending on which type of filter you want to create), and then choose New.
- Type a name for your new filter.
How do I filter upcoming tasks in MS Project?
To set up a custom filter in MS-Project 2016, select View, and in the Data group in the drop-down that appears next to the Filter item, select New Filter right near the bottom. Call it something “Tasks due to start or finish in the next 28 days” and set up the dialogue box like the figure below, then click on Save.
How do you filter a project?
Applying Filters in Microsoft Project
- Select the view you want to filter (eg Gantt Chart, Resource Sheet, etc)
- Select the View tab of the Ribbon.
- Click the drop down arrow of the Filter command and choose the required Filter:
How is sorting different from filtering?
Essentially, sorting and filtering are tools that let you organize your data. When you sort data, you are putting it in order. Filtering data lets you hide unimportant data and focus only on the data you’re interested in.
How do I create a filter list in Excel?
- On the Data tab, in the Sort & Filter group, click Filter.
- Click the arrow. in the column header to display a list in which you can make filter choices. Note Depending on the type of data in the column, Microsoft Excel displays either Number Filters or Text Filters in the list.