How do I convert an issue to an epic?
If an existing story or issue needs to be converted into an epic, get started by opening the issue page for that issue. On the sidebar of the issue is the epics dropdown. Once selected, at the top of the dropdown is an option to Convert to epic .
How do I convert an issue to an epic in Jira?
- Select the story needing to be converted to an epic.
- Click the ellipses at the top of the story.
- Select Move.
- Complete the fields to move to an Epic – *Name is required.
How do I change the issue type in Jira?
Edit an issue type
- Select > Issues.
- Click Issue types.
- Find the relevant issue type and click Edit.
- Edit the issue type name, description, or avatar, and click Update.
Is epic a issue type in Jira?
An epic is a large body of work that can be broken down into a number of smaller stories, or sometimes called “Issues” in Jira. Epics often encompass multiple teams, on multiple projects, and can even be tracked on multiple boards. Epics are almost always delivered over a set of sprints.
How do I create an epic in Jira?
Step 1: Click on the “Backlog” tab on the Jira dashboard. Step 2: Click on the “EPICS” link on the epics panel. Step 3: Click on “Create Epic” button by providing the epic name, epic summary and epic type. Then we click on “Create” button.
How do I convert a task to a story in Jira?
- On the Story Page, select the “More Actions” dropdown.
- then choose the “Move” option.
- On the following dialog you’ll be able to change the issue type to a task.
- Follow the on screen instructions to complete the action.
How do I change the issue type from bug to story in Jira?
In the issue there should be a “More” button. Click on the button and below “Convert to Sub-task” should be an option to “Move“. You should be able to move the issue to story and choose what to do with fields that are present/required in one scheme and not the other.
How do I add another issue type in Jira?
Creating an issue type
- Choose Administration ( ) > Issues.
- Select Issue Types to view all issue types used by your Jira applications.
- Select Add Issue Type and enter the following details: Name — enter a short phrase that best describes your new issue type. …
- Select Add to create your new issue type.
Can you assign an issue to yourself in Jira?
You can assign individual Issues to yourself, a Queue, or any other team member in your Dashboard from the Issue detail page. When you open an Issue, you will see an ‘Assignee’ Section in the bottom right-hand corner of the page.
How do I find the issue type in Jira?
- In JIRA, navigate to the Administration > Issues > Issue Types page.
- On that page, hover your mouse cursor over the Edit operation link of an issue type.