How do I enter capacity in Jira?
To configure the capacity view:
- Go to your plan and select Capacity view from the dropdown next to Calculate.
- Select Capacity to display the capacity view. If your teams are not on the same schedule, you’ll have to select the team or person view from the timeline settings.
- Click on a sprint to display the details.
How can I increase my sprint capacity?
If a sprint or release is over-planned, you may want to increase its capacity.
To adjust a team’s sprint velocity:
- On the Product Backlog or Release Backlog page, in a release or team bucket on the right, click a capacity information link .
- Examine the actual velocity in previous sprints and the average velocity.
How do I change capacity in Jira?
More notes on sprints and capacity
Capacity can be edited directly from the timeline for active and future sprints or iterations, by opening the sprint flyout then clicking on the capacity value to edit it. If your teams are working on parallel sprints in Jira, these sprints will appear independently in the timeline.
How do you do capacity planning?
How to develop an effective capacity planning process
- Select an appropriate capacity planning process owner.
- Identify the key resources to be measured.
- Measure the utilizations or performance of the resources.
- Compare utilizations to maximum capacities.
- Collect workload forecasts from developers and users.
What is a sprint capacity?
Capacity is how much availability the team has for the sprint. This may vary based on team members being on vacation, ill, etc. The team should consider capacity in determining how many product backlog items to plan for a sprint.
Does Jira have capacity planning?
Jira Capacity Planning helps in all three stages of coding, collaboration, and release in the software development process. Easy-to-use agile roadmaps for Jira tools help the teams to manage the stakeholders, budgets, and feature requirements and make the findings as transparent as possible.