How do I create a Slack shortcut on my desktop?
Upload a Slack icon
- Select Settings & administration, then Customize [workspace name] from the menu.
- Click the Workspace Icon tab.
- Choose a file, then click Upload Icon.
- Next, crop your icon.
- When you’re done, click Crop Icon to save your changes.
Where is shortcuts in Slack?
Shortcuts in Slack help you get work done quickly and easily. Open the shortcuts menu by clicking or tapping the lightning bolt icon to the left of the message field in Slack on desktop or mobile.
What is a Slack shortcut?
Shortcuts give users clear entry points to access your app. Apps can create global shortcuts that are available from anywhere in Slack, and message shortcuts that are shown only in message context menus. Shortcuts can trigger modals and other app interactions. They are gateways to powerful, productive workflows.
Can I change Slack shortcuts?
It’s not currently possible to set customised keyboard shortcuts for Slack.
How do I use slack shortcuts?
You can use the following hotkeys to navigate Slack on Windows or Linux:
- Go to Conversation: Ctrl+K.
- Go to Direct Messages (DM): Ctrl+Shift+K.
- Go to Channels: Ctrl+Shift+L.
- Go to Mentions: Ctrl+Shift+M (Desktop app only)
- Go to People: Ctrl+Shift+E.
- Go to Saved Items: Ctrl+Shift+S.
- Go to next Section: F6.
How do I add slack apps to my desktop?
Here’s how to download the app to your desktop:
- Visit slack.com/downloads.
- Click Download.
- Once the download is complete, double-click the file (called SlackSetup.exe). Slack will launch automatically once installed.
How do I make a GIF shortcut in Slack?
Send GIFs in Slack
- From a conversation, click the lightning bolt icon to open the shortcuts menu.
- Search for Giphy.
- Click Find and share a GIF.
- Type a word or phrase in the text field, then click Search.
- Click Shuffle to view more options, then select Share to post your GIF.
How do I use cheat sheet in Slack?
To remedy that, we decided to compile the best Slack tips into a cheat sheet for you.
The Slack Cheat Sheet : Shortcuts, Commands, and Syntax to Know.
|⁵Alt + click message||Mark message as oldest unread message|
|Ctrl + Shift + Y||Set or edit your Slack status|
|Ctrl + u||Upload file to current channel or DM|
|Ctrl + Shift + Enter||Create snippet in current channel or DM|
How do you hit enter in Slack without sending?
Guess what, there’s a simple solution! When you want to format your message a bit better and add a few more lines of text to enhance a bullet point list of any kind of detailed info, simply hold SHIFT and press RETURN on Mac or ENTER on PC. That’s it!
How do I jump to a specific date in slack?
The above “archives” path shows a page that has a date picker “BROWSE BY DATE”. Click on “Pick a date” and you can quickly scroll back to the beginning of time.
How do you add a space in slack?
From your Mobile App on an Android device swipe right and then select the icon in the top right to display the Workspace page. Select the Add Workspaces option at the bottom of your Slack Workspace.