How do I create a subgroup in Slack?
Create a user group
- From your desktop, click People & user groups at the top of your left sidebar. …
- Click New User Group in the top right.
- Choose a name and handle for your user group. …
- Click Next.
- Under Add members, search for and select the members you’d like to add.
- When you’re done, click Create Group.
Can you create sub-channels in Slack?
Slack doesn’t have sub-channels but you can mimic by using some conventions.
Can you have folders in Slack?
Start a message from anywhere with a handy new compose button. Organize channels, messages and apps into custom, collapsible sections (you know, like folders)
Can you create groups in Slack?
To set up a user group, first, click on the “More Items” menu in the upper right-hand corner of your Slack window. From there, select “User Groups” from the menu. After doing so, click “Create New Group.” From here, you can choose a name for the user group, a handle, and also set a purpose for the group.
How do I add multiple channels to Slack?
Create a multi-workspace channel
- From your desktop, open an existing channel or create a new one.
- Click the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Next to Workspaces with access to this channel, click Edit.
- Search for and select workspaces you’d like to have access this channel.
- Click Save.
How do I combine channels in Slack?
Channels can’t be merged with existing private channels in Slack. Instead, you can import them as new private channels. This may result in two private channels in the workspace: one from the first import (e.g., #privatechannel) and one from the second import (e.g., #privatechannel2).
How do I edit my channel in Slack?
You can change your channel list settings to make your sidebar less overwhelming.
- In your Slack window, click on your team name to open the Team Menu.
- Select Preferences > Advanced Options.
- Change your Channel List settings by using the drop-down list. …
- Hit the Done button in the top, right corner to save your changes.
How do I create a topic in slack?
Enter a topic, then click Set Topic.
- Open a channel.
- Tap the details icon in the top right.
- Tap Edit.
- Tap the Current Topic field and enter your new topic.
- Tap Done.
What is the best way to create a channel in slack?
Slack best practices for setting up new channels
- Be focused when creating new channels—but not overly specific. …
- Consider making certain channels private. …
- Don’t create additional channels for quick, non-recurring engagements. …
- Create a channel for recreational or “water-cooler” chat.