Can you move messages from one channel to another in Slack?
Guests can move a thread only if they created it. Open the thread you wish to move. Tap the three dots icon in the top-right corner. Select Move to another channel.
Can you group channels in Slack?
In addition to a slight redesign, Slack recently introduced the ability to group channels into something the company calls “Sections.” These sections make it easy for you to organize your workspace’s side panel, especially if you are overrun by conversations.
How do you send a message to multiple contacts in Slack?
Add more people to a group direct message
- From your desktop, open a group DM.
- Click the cluster of profile pictures in the top right corner.
- Click Add people to this group DM.
- Start typing the name of the person you’d like to add, then select them from the list.
- Click Go to create a new DM.
How do I get everyone on a channel?
To get someone’s attention in a channel conversation or a chat, @mention them.
Use @mentions to get someone’s attention in Teams
- @general to message everyone in the general channel.
- @team to notify everyone on that team.
- @channel to message everyone in that channel.
Can you @everyone on Slack?
Owners can choose who can use @everyone in the #general channel. Owners and admins can choose if a warning message will display when someone uses @channel, @here, or @everyone in a channel with at least six members.
How do I view multiple channels in slack?
Use split view
- From your desktop, press Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (Windows/Linux) and click the name of a conversation or page in your left sidebar.
- If you’d like, click and drag the separator bar in the middle to adjust conversations to your preferred width.
- To close split view, click the close icon in the top right.
Can you move a channel to a different team?
Go to the Microsoft Teams management console. … Click ‘Manage’ next to the Team to present a list of Channels within the Team. Select the Microsoft Teams Channel you want to move and click ‘Move‘ from the available actions. Search for the Team you want to move the Channel to and click ‘Continue’.
Can I move a discord post to another channel?
There is no way to actually move messages. You can delete messages, and a bot (or user) could repost the message contents, but it would show as being posted by that new author, not the original one.
How do I create a group channel in Slack?
Create a user group
- From your desktop, click People & user groups at the top of your left sidebar. …
- Click New User Group in the top right.
- Choose a name and handle for your user group. …
- Click Next.
- Under Add members, search for and select the members you’d like to add.
- When you’re done, click Create Group.
Can I create sub channels in Slack?
Slack doesn’t have sub-channels but you can mimic by using some conventions.
How many channels can you have in Slack?
There’s no limit to how many unique channels you can have in Slack — go ahead, create as many as you’d like! New to Slack? Watch a 1 minute video to learn about channels.