Can I create folders in Slack?
If you use Slack on the Pro, Business+, or Enterprise Grid plan, you can organize your channels, direct messages (DMs), and apps into custom sections within your sidebar. Your custom sections are only visible to you and won’t affect what your teammates see, so set them up however you’d like.
How do I organize files in Slack?
Slack Essentials: Organize your work and conversations
- Consistent naming conventions.
- A clear channel purpose.
- A channel topic that gives members direction.
- All relevant files are shared in channel.
- Key files and information are pinned.
- A room full of teammates.
How do I organize a Slack channel?
5 recommendations for organizing your Slack channels
- Start with team specific channels. When your team first launches Slack, you have two channels: #general and #random. …
- Use naming conventions. …
- Be intentional when creating new channels. …
- Use the description text to set expectations. …
- Consider adding “social” channels.
Can you nest channels in Slack?
No, you can not have channels within a channel in Slack. As a workaround you could name the channels in a way that they reflect sub-channels.
What’s the difference between slack and discord?
The main difference between the both lies in their target community. Discord has almost become synonymous with gaming with millions of gamers using the platform for live chat, screen-sharing, etc. Slack, on the other hand, is exclusively used for business communication.
What is the best way to create a channel in slack?
Slack best practices for setting up new channels
- Be focused when creating new channels—but not overly specific. …
- Consider making certain channels private. …
- Don’t create additional channels for quick, non-recurring engagements. …
- Create a channel for recreational or “water-cooler” chat.
Next to the file you want to share, click the More options button. Select More Actions and then select click Share with Slack. Click Okay to proceed and share the Box file with Slack.
Can I store documents in Slack?
When you upload a file to a channel or direct message, it will be stored in Slack. All PDFs, documents, images, screenshots, and audio and video files uploaded to a channel or direct message count towards the file storage limit.
Can you collaborate on Slack?
Posts let you collaborate and share fully-formatted documents with your teammates directly in Slack. Note: You can view posts on Slack’s mobile apps, but you’ll need to use Slack on your desktop to create and edit them.
How many Slack channels is too many?
There’s really no such thing as “too many channels”
Big teams that successfully use Slack have a large number of channels, even into the thousands. In the course of research interviews with half a dozen large organizations, we noticed total channels were often two to three times the number of employees.
How do you stay on top of Slack?
They’ll make it easier and less stressful for you to communicate with colleagues and keep up on important information.
- Customize Your Sidebar With Sections. …
- Make Slack Messages More Compact. …
- Suppress Image Clutter. …
- Customize Notifications. …
- Use Prefixes to Cluster Similar Slack Channels. …
- Use Polling Tools (or This Hack)
How do I create a group in Slack?
Create a user group
- From your desktop, click People & user groups at the top of your left sidebar. …
- Click New User Group in the top right.
- Choose a name and handle for your user group. …
- Click Next.
- Under Add members, search for and select the members you’d like to add.
- When you’re done, click Create Group.