Can anyone join my Slack channel?
Anyone with an approved email address can join by clicking your workspace’s sign-up link, or entering their email on the sign-in page. Note: If a member of your workspace requests an invitation for someone with an approved email address, the request will be approved automatically.
Can you invite external users to Slack channel?
With Slack Connect, you can invite people outside your company to join a channel in your workspace – perfect for using Slack to communicate with clients or vendors, for example. To get started, you’ll need to send an invitation to someone from each company that you’d like to work with.
How do I invite someone to a Slack channel?
Accept an invitation to join a channel
- Open the invitation.
- Review the invitation details, then click Continue.
- Choose the workspace you’d like the channel to be a part of, or click Sign in to another workspace at the bottom of the page.
- Review the channel details. …
- Click Accept Invitation.
How can individuals join Slack?
From your desktop, visit https://slack.com/get-started.
- Enter your email address (we suggest using your work email address). Then click Continue.
- Check your email for a confirmation code from Slack and enter it.
- Below Accept an invitation, click Join next to the workspace you’d like to join.
What is the difference between a Slack workspace and channel?
Anything posted in a public channel is visible and searchable by everyone in the workspace. Workspace members can join or leave public channels whenever they choose.
Can you slack with people outside your organization?
Slack Connect allows you to send direct messages (DMs) to people outside your company, providing an easy way to work with your partners. Once an invitation has been sent and accepted, you can begin exchanging messages with someone from another organization, just like you would in other DMs.
How do I add an external contact to a slack channel?
Free version of Slack
- From your desktop, click on your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Invite people to [workspace name] from the menu.
- Enter the email address for anyone that you’d like to invite.
- Click Send, then click Done.
Can slack guests see other users?
Slack guest access is limited to just one channel, so you don’t have to worry about them seeing details from other parts of your organization. They’re free to scroll up through a channel and see the entire project history before they were added.
Tap the channel name at the top. Scroll down to Advanced, then tap Share this channel. Tap Share a Link or Choose from Contacts. Tap Done.
How do I make a Slack Channel Link?
Find your URL
- Open the Slack app.
- From the Home tab, swipe right to open the main menu.
- Locate your workspace’s Slack URL below the workspace name.
Can I use Slack to communicate with clients?
While Slack is great for communication between two companies, you can also use it with individual consumers, but as a community tool that can replace the forums on your website. “It actually starts to get people answering questions for other people,” he says.