How do I open multiple instances of Slack?
Open another workspace
When you’re signed in to more than one workspace on the Slack desktop app, you’ll see the icon for each workspace on the far left side of the app. Click an icon to open that workspace. Click your workspace name in the top left. Select Switch workspaces from the menu.
Can you have multiple Slack windows open at once?
Split view lets you see information from different parts of Slack side-by-side. Open two conversations or pages and view them both at the same time, without having to move back and forth between them.
Can I use Slack on multiple devices?
If you’re worried someone has access to your Slack account, or you want to make sure old devices are no longer logged in, you can log every device out of your account at once. … The process can be done in either the Slack web app or the Slack desktop client, and is exactly the same in both.
How many workspaces can you have in Slack?
You can create as many workspaces as you like but only one at a time. Depending on what you do and how your organization uses Slack, you may belong to a number of different workspaces.
How do I manage multiple workspaces in Slack?
From your Mobile App on an Android device swipe right and then select the icon in the top right to display the Workspace page. Select the Add Workspaces option at the bottom of your Slack Workspace.
What is the difference between a Slack workspace and channel?
Anything posted in a public channel is visible and searchable by everyone in the workspace. Workspace members can join or leave public channels whenever they choose.
How do I share a Slack channel?
- Choose which people you want to access the shared channel from your team.
- Give the channel a name so your employees know what it’s for.
- Enter the email address of the other organization’s admin or workspace owner.
- Add the Slack URL of the additional workspace.
- Click Create and Invite.
How do I join a group in Slack?
- Click Channel browser at the top of your left sidebar. If you don’t see this option, click More to find it.
- Browse the list of public channels in your workspace, or use the search bar to search by channel name or description.
- Select a channel from the list to view it.
- Click Join Channel.
How do you find Slack workspaces?
Open the Slack app on your Android or iOS. In the top left corner, select the workspace icon. If you’re using an Android device, select “Workspace Menu.” If not, skip this step. Find your Workspace URL underneath the name of your Workspace.
How do I transfer Slack to another computer?
Select Settings & administration, then Workspace settings from the menu. Click Import/Export data. Next to Slack, select Import. Paste the link to your export file into the Direct download link field, or click Upload it directly and choose the zipped export file from your computer.
How do I add another device to Slack?
Link your Slack account with other services
- Click a link from another service.
- Click Accept to grant that service access to Slack. You may also need to verify the email address you used to sign up for Slack.
- Follow any prompts to finish setting up your account, or sign in.
Is Slack for free?
Free, Pro, and Business+
You can use the free version of Slack with some limitations, or upgrade to a paid plan to access more features.