Can I move a Slack channel from one workspace to another?
Move channels to another workspace
Open the Move Channels page at my.slack.com/admin/channels. Select channels by clicking the checkbox to the left of the channel. Click Show selected to review, then Move to…. Choose where you’d like to move the channels by clicking on a workspace.
Can you copy members from one Slack channel to another?
Do it manually
Copy all the names, and then go to the destination channel where you want to add them. Paste the list of user names that you copied in the previous step, and press Enter . Slack will ask you to invite the members that are already not in the channel. Select Invite them , Done!
Can you have multiple workspace owners in Slack?
The Workspace Primary Owner holds the highest level of permissions in Slack — only this person can delete the workspace or transfer ownership to someone else. There can only be one person in this role at a time, so it’s important to make sure it’s the right one.
How do I combine two channels in Slack?
How do I share a Slack channel?
- Choose which people you want to access the shared channel from your team.
- Give the channel a name so your employees know what it’s for.
- Enter the email address of the other organization’s admin or workspace owner.
- Add the Slack URL of the additional workspace.
- Click Create and Invite.
How do I merge two Slack accounts?
Signing into multiple Slack workspaces
- Log into the Slack web portal, or sign in with your desktop app.
- Click on the tab named “Your Workspaces”
- Select “Create Workspace”
- Enter the URL of the team you want to join.
- Enter your email and password.
Can New Slack members see old messages?
A note — when you add a new member to a private channel, it will ask whether you want to allow the new member to see the previous messages or not. If you do not want the new member to see old messages, it will create a completely new private Slack channel with the same members in it but no message history.
Can I move a Slack message to another channel?
Guests can move a thread only if they created it. Open the thread you wish to move. Tap the three dots icon in the top-right corner. Select Move to another channel.
Can you make a private Slack channel public?
Private channels can’t be changed back to being public channels. Public channels are visible in the channel browser to all members of the workspace and can be joined at any time.
How many workspaces can I create on Slack?
You can create as many workspaces as you like but only one at a time. Depending on what you do and how your organization uses Slack, you may belong to a number of different workspaces.
How do I add another workspace in Slack?
Create a multi-workspace channel
- From your desktop, open an existing channel or create a new one.
- Click on the channel name in the conversation header.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Next to Workspaces with access to this channel, click Edit.
- Search for and select workspaces that you’d like to have access this channel.
Can you have multiple admins on Slack?
Administrators with permission to assign roles can give users one or many system roles to help them manage the organization. For example, give a full member the ability to manage your organization’s security features by assigning the Security Admin system role.