Can I make the general channel private on Slack?
The #general channel can’t be converted to private. Channels with people outside your company will only be converted to private for the organization that makes the change. Files shared in the channel won’t become private.
How do you remove people from your channel?
- Open a channel.
- Tap the three dots Channels options menu in the top right.
- Tap Members.
- You’ll see a list of members. Long tap a user’s name to select them. …
- Tap the profile icon with a minus sign in the top right.
- A confirmation window will ask if you’re sure you want to remove the user.
Can I change the general channel on Slack?
Select Settings & administration, then Organization settings. Under Settings in the left column, click Channel Management. Under Default org-wide channels, hover over a channel, then click the three dots icon to the right. Click Edit channel settings and make the adjustments you’d like.
What is general channel in Slack?
Every Slack workspace has a #general channel, which is the only channel that members (but not guests) are automatically added to and are unable to leave. The #general channel works best when it’s used to share announcements with members of your workspace.
How do I delete a general channel in Slack?
The #general channel is kind of special in Slack.
Might be an old question but I’ve just managed to do this…
- Login to Slack.com using a browser.
- Go to Settings & Administration > Manage Members.
- Scroll down and find the users you want to remove.
- Click the 3 dots to the right of their name.
- Select Deactivate Account.
How do I leave a general channel in Slack?
To leave a channel, it will need to be your active channel in Slack. Click the Gear button in the upper-right corner of the channel. This will open a small menu of channel options. Select “Leave #channelname.” This will remove you from the active channel.
How do you remove someone from Slack?
Remove someone from a workspace
- From your desktop, click your workspace name in the top left.
- Select Settings & administration from the menu, then click Manage members.
- Click the three dots icon to the right of the member you’d like to remove.
- Select Remove from workspace.
How do I block someone on Slack?
Unfortunately, Slack doesn’t have a way to block contacts. Most companies rely on Chrome and browser extensions for blocking. But there’s no guarantee those extensions will continue to work with each Slack update. The easiest option will be to leave the channel the person is in.
How do I remove myself from a Slack workspace?
As long as it’s not a default workspace, you can leave it. This also removes the workspace’s icon from your Slack app. From your desktop, right click on the workspace icon in the workspace switcher on the far left of your sidebar. Click Leave this workspace.
Can slack admins see private channels?
According to @SlackHQ (the official Slack twitter account), “owners can only see the private channels that they are a member of”.
Can you restrict who can post in a slack channel?
Channel members can limit who can post to the channel they’re in, making it read-only for everyone else. This helps large announcement channels stay on topic and free from distraction.